Join Our Growing Company – Interior Designer
Business Environments, New Mexico’s Largest Commercial Furniture and Flooring Dealer is seeking an experienced Licensed Interior Designer to join our growing team in Albuquerque. This is not a remote position.
The Interior Designer is a key position within the Furniture Division, participating in the sales process as a team member contributing creative talent and design skills to enhance the ability to win business. Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must, as is the ability to work well within a team environment.
The Interior Designer will participate in guiding clients to realize the design intent of various space planning projects. Creating preliminary designs and layouts in a timely fashion are key elements of the position. Proficiency in the use of electronic design tools such as AutoCAD is required , and learning and growing in the use of our proprietary software, CET, is expected to grow as more projects are undertaken.
The Interior Designer/Furniture Designer will report to the Design Leader. The principal duties of the Interior Designer are outlined below, but not limited to:
- Attending internal meetings to overview projects and build client solutions.
- Interact with team and clients in evaluating projects and giving feedback from a design standpoint.
- Field measure spaces to help build accurate floor plans.
- Develop preliminary floor plans from field notes, interviews, and input from customers or Account Managers.
- Meet with team, customers, and other designers to review preliminary floor plans and validate design intent.
- Learn products in order to make recommendations to customers and field sales personnel.
- Work with internal teams to take created specifications and move them to quotations.
- Conduct specification checks to ensure accuracy in design and bill of materials.
- Pull and select finish samples to make recommendations to customers and Account Managers.
- Participate in collaborative meetings with sales, support, and operations to finalize project work for customer presentation.
- Prepare final plans and bill of materials using CET and other computer software.
- Prepare comprehensive installation plans for use by operations at customer installations.
- Attend on-site meetings during installation as required by customers.
- Attend showroom training sessions conducted by Steelcase and other vendors.
- Organizing and maintaining the finish library.
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS
A degree in Interior Design required. Experience in contract furnishing design, architecture, or similar design qualifications are strongly preferred.
A willingness to learn, grow, and work in a highly collaborative team environment is essential for success.
Our growing office requires a flexible, can-do type attitude.
Business Environments is a 48-year-old family-owned business. We have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry. We were awarded as a Top Place to Work in 2019 by the Albuquerque Business First Publication. We are an equal opportunity employer. This is a Salaried-Exempt position. Salary is negotiable dependent on experience. We pay 55% of the premiums for medical and dental insurance, and offer out teams 401K opportunities, performance bonuses, and paid time off.